Hydro Floss Oral Irrigator - Instructions for use
Hydro Floss Usage Instructions:
- Fill the reservoir with lukewarm water.
- Insert the plug into a 110-120 volt A.C. outlet.
- Insert the jet tip into the opening on the handle. Push down firmly! Jet tip should snap into place.
- Turn pressure control knob to the “High” setting.
- Direct the jet tip into the bottom of the sink basin and turn the on/off knob to the “On” position.
- As soon as water begins to flow from the jet tip, press the water stop button on the handle, and turn the pressure control knob to the setting that you intend to use, that is comfortable to you.
- Direct the stream of water towards the gumline at 90 degrees, so that contact is made where the tooth and gums meet.
- Maneuver the flow of water from tooth to tooth remembering to pause briefly between each tooth.
- Two full reservoirs should be used during each use.
- Empty any water remaining in the reservoir after use. Never leave water in the reservoir when your Hydro Floss® is not in use.
HydroFloss Special Tip Usage:
- Irrigating is a technique that relies on your sense of touch. Therefore, it is a good idea to PRACTICE irrigating while watching yourself in the mirror, without filling the reservoir or turning on the Hydro Floss®. This will allow you to see the technique you will use. Pick a starting point and move the jet tip along your gums and between your teeth. As you practice, watch your movements and remember how it feels.
- While irrigating, bend at the waist or tilt your head down over the sink. Leave your mouth partially open and keep your elbow raised. This allows the water to fall into the sink and will keep you and your counter tops dry.
- DO NOT attempt to watch yourself in the mirror. You will make a mess!
- Do not twist the entire handle of your Hydro Floss® to achieve the correct irrigating angle. Instead, twist the jet tip itself. The handle design allows the jet tip to be twisted while the irrigator is operating. Twisting the handle will ultimately cause the hose to uncoil and/or kink.
- Be sure to press down firmly when returning the reservoir to its place on the base of the Hydro Floss®. You may use a cup to fill the reservoir. This is easier and less messy.
- The Hydro Floss® may take five to ten seconds to begin pumping upon initial use. This is normal.
- Always leave the reservoir lid on while not in use.
- You may add two or three capfuls of your favorite mouth rinse to the water in the reservoir.
- DO NOT add soda, salt or any other abrasive substance to the water in the reservoir as doing so will damage your Hydro Floss®.
Cleaning of HydroFloss:
- Remove the reservoir and wipe dry both the inside and outside surfaces.
- Wipe dry the base and handle of the Hydro Floss® .
- Be sure to wipe dry the counter top under and around the Hydro Floss®.
- Fill the reservoir with very warm water.
- Turn the pressure control knob to the “High” setting.
- Place handle in the bottom of the sink.
- Turn the on/off knob to the “On” position and let reservoir empty into the sink.