Canker Sore Intruction Sheet from Squigle Enamel Saver Toothpaste
Please feel free to print these instructions
for your personal use.
Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc. last revision
July 22, 2002
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have
been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions are
the result of many discussions with patients, physicians, and dentists.
They are not rigid and unchanging. Of course, we hope they work for you.
But if they don't, please contact SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718
(9 am to 5 pm EST).
- This is crucial: Use only Squigle® Enamel Saver® Toothpaste or Tooth Builder® Toothpaste.
These patented toothpastes are free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and
other irritating ingredients which contribute to bad breath. Squigle's
mild flavor and Tooth Builder's 'no flavor added' formula aid in the
prevention of irritation to delicate tissues. Squigle® and
Tooth Builder® have 36% Xylitol to prevent plaque and cavities better
than regular toothpaste.
- If you feel you need to use mouthwash, use 0.12% chlorhexidine gluconate
(prescription antimicrobial rinse) twice a day as needed.
- Floss at least once a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss. If
your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® Floss. If your ulcers are
too painful to use floss, use an oral irrigator.
- If possible, gently brush your tongue, roof of mouth,
and inside of cheeks with a soft bristled, small headed brush. This will
further reduce the amount of irritating plaque in your mouth.
- No baking soda -- it only makes matters worse.
- No chewing gum, especially no cinnamon or spearmint. One exception
(see below). Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or
- For terrible attacks, try oral cortisone (methyl prednisolone dose
pack -- prescription required).
- A short course of oral tetracycline is OK. So is a short course of
antifungal therapy or antiviral therapy.
- Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal. (Solgar VM-75® is
OK). In addition, take 500 mg to 1000 mg vitamin C daily. Get sufficient
rest each night.
- Visit an allergist to get tested for food allergies and sensitivities.
Then avoid any foods you are allergic to or sensitive to.
- If you get any painful canker sores, they can be treated by applying ORA5® mild
cauterizing agent (McHenry Laboratories, Inc., Copperas Cove, TX).
- If you still persist in getting life-disrupting canker sores, and you
do not use tobacco in any form, try chewing a nicotine gum such as Nicorette® (four
2 mg tablets per day -- this is equivalent to smoking one cigarette per
day). [see: R. Bittoun, The Medical Journal of Australia, vol.154, page
|This instruction sheet is provided by the manufacture.
Just4teeth is providing this information solely for your ease
of reference. Just4teeth is not providing this as advice, nor
does Just4teeth make any representations regarding the accuracy
of the instructions. Statements about this product have not been evaluated
by the FDA. This product not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or
prevent any disease. |